Monday, March 27, 2023

New Jersey: Please Touch Museum

 Monday was the last day for me to visit Drama Queen, Teach, and the rest of the family in New Jersey. Twizlet and Twizzler were supposed to go to school on Monday, but since it was the last day for me to visit, Teach agreed with me that we would go to that fun museum that she tells me that Twizzler loves. It's an interactive museum called Please Touch. There were so many fun exhibits that a lot of children could play with there. It kind of reminded me of one fun museum that was sort of like that when I was in kindergarten. 

There were many modern day exhibits to interact in, like riding in cars, blasting off little rockets, grocery shopping, doing housework, experiencing banks, making art, going through a hedge maze, and playing with water. But the most amazing exhibit that I ever saw was one that I believe could be a good attraction for a Disney park. It's from the Disney and Pixar movie, Inside Out. They show the most iconic emotional characters and it's amazing environment of what it's thought to be what it's like in the mind of emotion. For example, they had five different mirrors, each one containing the emotions. And it was also fun to play with the different colored building blocks with Twizzler. It was quite funny, because every time I try to stack some blocks Twizzler always had the tendency to knock them down. 

In another part of the museum, we spent a lot of time inside the grocery shopping exhibit, Twizlet and Twizzler really liked going through that part and Teach was showing Twizzie around. Twizzie didn't always like it when one of us is holding her while sitting down. She preferred to be walked around, so we did as best we could to keep her happy and active. And Teach was still trying to teach and interact with Twizzler on the exhibits. After the grocery exhibit, we walked towards an art studio where it was open for a limited time before it had classes. So, Drama Queen, Twizlet and Twizzie went in to do some art projects of their own while Teach and I tried to keep Twizzler interactive around the areas, like playing with a busy board and stacking giant foam blocks.


After a little while of waiting for Drama Queen and the other kids to come out with their art projects, we moved onto an exhibit that's best known as a story written by Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland. It had little mirrors built in different structures of illusion and even tiny rooms. They even had a little croquet game set up in the hedge maze. After that, we went upstairs and found the water table. It was Twizzler's favorite exhibit, since he loves playing with water. It was kind of hard for him to reach over to touch the water toys on the water tables, so I helped him out with reaching.


After we had a little snack at the eatery, Twizlet wanted to explore a little more, so right between the Alice in Wonderland and water table exhibits, there was a fun looking treehouse where it teaches kids about natural surroundings, I even took this picture of Twizlet riding on a turtle. And speaking of riding, there was one more attraction that was the most memorable part of the museum, a carousal. Twizlet and Twizzler always liked to go on to ride on the ponies. I helped Teach with Twizlet and Twizzler to ride on the carousal. It was fun to ride on it with them. After that, while I was taking a break and Twizlet was still riding, Drama Queen had me and Twizzler take a picture of us in a photo booth. Twizlet joined in after riding the carousal too. It was a great souvenir to take home with us.

After a little while, when it was dinner time, I decided to take them out to dinner and pay for the meal. I wasn't quite sure what would be the most fun restaurant to try. Teach and Twiz gave me some options of fun diners like the Lamppost Diner. I decided to choose that and it was closer to their home. We ate there and had some delicious food. I ordered a pepperoni pizza steak sandwich. It was really tasty, I wish Dad would've tried it that way whenever he made French Dip sandwiches. Maybe someday he'll do that. After eating out, we went back home to spend the last bit of time that I had with them before leaving for the airport the very next morning. At four thirty in the morning in that time zone, Teach drove me off to the Philadelphia airport where she picked me up. And I got myself boarded on the plane back to Utah. It was really fun visiting New Jersey. I miss them already, just like they miss me already too. I can hardly wait to see them again when they come to Utah for a family reunion this summer.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!