Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Locked Keys!

It was the day right when Mom said that my geocache kept on being missing for all the others to find it. So then, Mom found a small piece of Tupperware and then I put a little notebook and pencil inside that Tupperware, then I drove myself to Jordan Ridge Park, where the geocache was supposed to be left. Right when I got there, I got out of the car, and went to the spot of where the geocache was supposed to be, then I went back to the car. As soon as I got there, I couldn’t get in. Then I realized I left my keys in the ignition, and worse, I locked them in the car. I felt devastated that I did such a dumb thing (at least the engine wasn’t on). The car is a green 99 Cougar that kind of works as a Sports Car. I waited and waited for almost an hour mumbling to myself that Mom would be worried that she thought I would go somewhere else without telling her. And the worst thing was, I didn’t have my cell phone with me. I didn’t think to bring my cell phone with me, because I thought dropping off the geocache would only take a second. I only had two choices to make, Throw a rock at the glass to unlock the car, or walk home to get a spare key and then head back to get it back. I couldn’t do it, because I kept thinking with the rock throwing at glass would cost a lot of money to replace a new window, and I couldn’t walk home, because I was afraid someone would come and steal it, especially with the keys locked in the car. I kept on praying hard to get help. Just then, a man came over and asked me if I needed help. I said yes, I asked if I could use his phone. I tried to call Mom’s cell on his, but it only said her voice message, so I tried the house phone and Princess answered and I told her about it, she suggested to me that I should just walk home. I told her I couldn’t because it’d be a bad idea to leave the car with the keys locked in it. So then, I had to trust Princess, I hoped she was right. So then I gave the phone back to the man, and then I started to run mostly home to hurry home so that it wouldn’t be too late. As soon as I got home, I ran to the knick-knack shelf and grabbed the spare key, went to the garage, got my bike and then started to bike ride back to Jordan Ridge Park. I was riding so fast, I was hoping the car wouldn’t be stolen. As I got to the park, I saw the car. I was relieved that the car wasn’t stolen. As soon as I got there, I got the spare key out of my pocket and unlocked the car. Then I had to figure out how to get the bike in the car. I put the back seats down and then the bike fitted perfectly in the car. Then I drove home, finally happy that the car wasn’t stolen and that I could get the keys out of the car. I learned a lesson that you have to make sure you get your keys off the ignition before heading out of the car, make sure your phone’s with you, in case a situation like this happens again, and make sure you don’t lock your keys in your car!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Nate, what a story!! Whew! I'm glad it worked out all right in the end. You were experiencing quite a 'conundrum' trying to decide the best way to handle it. I'm proud that you made a right choice!!


Thanks for commenting!