Wednesday, April 30, 2014

First Book of Mormon given


I haven't been blogging much about my mission. There is something amazing that happened that may not be related to helping with the students in the seminaries, but this will be like the best one you'll hear. I'm almost done with the Spring semester of college and I'm looking forward for a break from that craziness. If it'll make you cry with happiness, I suggest you prepare a tissue for that.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you what happened on Monday last week. I was in my reading class and a classmate named Stephanie and I were doing our book interviews on the Book of Mormon. One African American student named Satiq felt very interested to hear about what Stephanie and I believed in. He was asking questions about how the Book of Mormon was compared to the Holy Bible.

We then told him about it and he then asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon. I had six copies in my backpack, because Mom challenged me and Sister Teach to try to meet somebody who would feel seriously interested in the Book of Mormon and the church.

I was feeling a bit excited to give him the first copy of the Book of Mormon with the picture of the family and the testimony that we said in it. I've been praying for Satiq to learn and know that the church is true. I was hoping by the Monday of this week, Stephanie and I would see him and see if he'll testify to us that he knows that the church is true. Unfortunately, he never came. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't show up, but I'm still having faith and praying that he will understand and know that this church is true.

I'm hoping that will happen, because it makes me feel like I want to know Satiq understands the church more and how it can change his life and help him live it happily. I've learned that it takes patience to find a person who feels seriously interested in the church. I'm hoping I'll still continue to do that, even if it'll take a while to find a good person.

Sister Teach's doing the same thing as I've been trying to do. Help a few groups of families to see if the church will change their lives. About Sister Teach, there's only sixteen weeks left for her to come home from her mission, and I'm planning to wear my name badge and suit and she and I will take a picture of the both of us wearing our missionary name tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!