Sunday, February 5, 2012

Scuba Diving Merit Badge

The next fun merit badge I earned was Scuba Diving. It was just barely new before I got to work on it. It was about how to learn to breathe underwater, and to learn some safety rules, and learn the basic equipment. Most of this badge has been taken in a place called Scuba Utah.





At Scuba Utah, there were nice instructors that taught me how to scuba dive. All we had to do was learn the things in the class room and to right in our PADI books. And we had to learn how to put on our BCD gear on at the pool inside the Scuba Utah place. It took like almost a whole week to learn all of the basic technique and to finish writing in our PADI books.

For the required thing to pass off the badge was to do an open water dive. Now there aren't any oceans in Utah,  but there is a place in Utah where you could do it. I went to this amazing Crater in Heber City, Utah. It was nice and warm there. It was an amazing thing that I could've imagined ever. Doing the open water dive at the crater would be much better than in the ocean.

Now the scuba diving badge was hard, but really fun. I just wish I could go scuba diving at the crater again. Some people said they're opening a new aquarium in Utah where they let scuba divers go diving with sharks. I don't want to go scuba diving with sharks. I don't want to be shark attacked, just like Bethany Hamilton. But at least the crater is much better. Have you ever been scuba diving? If you have then that's cool.

1 comment:

  1. Scuba dooba doo!! What a wonderful experience for you!! In my younger days, I was a SCUBA Instructor!! It was my passion for many years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!