Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sparkling Jell-O

I havne't talked much about something so delicious. My Mom has a lot of Food For Thoughts on her blog and she has mostly every recipe on hers, I thought I'd like to present some of the delicious foods we love to make and eat. Like this special jell-o called Sparkling Jell-O. It's called that, because it looks sparkling when you eat it. If you would like to, you can try the recipe on here. Next time, I'll present other recipes that you would love to try. Just try on with this most delicous jell-o you'll ever taste in your whole life.

Sparkling Strawberry Jello
32 oz of applesauce (30 will do if you have two 15-oz cans)
2 12-oz cans of cold Sprite, 7-up or lemon-lime soda
2 large boxes of red Jello (strawberry is best)
sliced strawberries (if desired)
whipped cream for garnish
Pour the applesauce into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 4 minutes. Stir. Then heat for 4 more minutes.
Pour the boxes of Jello over the applesauce and mix well. Microwave for 2 more minutes. (Please note that this recipe does NOT use any water. I was a bit confused by that the first time I made it.)
Add two cans of cold lemon-lime soda. Mix well. Stir in 2 lbs of sliced strawberries if desired. (We usually add the berries, but the Dog Walker couldn’t wait for me to go to the store.)
Chill for a couple of hours. Serve with whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. Sparkling Jello looks quite yummy! With summer just around the corner, it is a good recipe to have on hand. I will put these ingredients on my shopping list and give it a try! Thanks for sharing. ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I made sure to save it to the recipe folder in My Favorite Places!! Thanks again! I hope you are having a fun weekend. ~karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!